Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Marriage -> Increase in weight???

Most of us are in/try to be in perfect shape during our wedding. So why do we gain weight later? I had a bet with my mom that I wouldn't put on weight after my wedding. But I lost. This is what I realized.

- Most of us start cooking and we try to constantly improve the taste and cook better (either to satisfy us or impress our husbands). We like our own food. So we eat more.
- Our capacity to consume food increases when we eat with our partner. Most men eat more than women do and hence we eat more.
- Most women try to adjust their food habits to accommodate that of their partner/new family. So our eating habits change to suit the time, the type of food etc..,
- Some of them get pregnant. Now, you need to eat food for two. So more food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment